As of April 21, 2019, the current fares are:
- Subways, local buses, and Staten Island Railway: $2.75 (Reduced Fare: $1.35)
- Single ride (only sold at subway vending machines): $3
- Unlimited 7-day MetroCard: $33 (Reduced Fare: $16.50)
- Unlimited 30-day MetroCard: $127 (Reduced Fare: $63.50)
- Express bus: $6.75 (Reduced Fare during off-peak hours only: $3.25)
- Paratransit and Access-A-Ride: $2.75
One Metro New York (OMNY)
OMNY is MTA’s new fare payment system. It will replace the MetroCard as it rolls out in phases between now and 2023.
We are now in the first phase. You can use your contactless credit, debit, or reloadable prepaid card, or your mobile phone or wearable, to board all Staten Island buses and the 4/5/6 trains between Grand Central - 42nd Street and Atlantic Avenue - Barclays Center.
OMNY will only be available on a full-fare, pay-per-ride basis until every subway station, bus route, and the Staten Island Railway has this new technology. Until then, you can keep using your MetroCard.
TransitChek is a pre-tax transit benefit program. If you want to enroll, contact your employer for details.