Need something else?

The Department of Parks and Recreations (DPR) conducts routine pruning every year on a portion of City trees in each community Board.  DPR does not accept requests for routine maintenance of street trees.

Learn more about the Department of Parks and Recreation's tree pruning cycle.

You can request that DPR prune a street tree if the branches are:

  • Dead or damaged
  • Blocking streetlights, traffic signs, or signals
  • Blocking a street or sidewalk
  • Causing damage to property
  • Hitting power or phone lines

If you have already submitted a tree pruning request, you can check your Service Request Status

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No