Need something else?

Under City law, it is illegal to sell flavored tobacco products.

You can report a business (excluding tobacco bars) that sells tobacco products with these banned tastes or aromas:

  • Fruit
  • Chocolate
  • Vanilla
  • Honey
  • Candy
  • Cocoa
  • Dessert
  • Alcoholic beverage
  • Herb
  • Spice

The City's ban does not apply to cigarettes. The sale of flavored cigarettes is already banned under federal law.

Businesses can sell tobacco products with these tastes or aromas:

  • Menthol
  • Mint
  • Wintergreen
  • Tobacco

What Happens Next

You may be emailed a complaint form, which you must complete and return. Be sure to check your spam folder in addition to your inbox.

Cigarette and Tobacco Products Price Floors

Local law established price floors for cigarettes and tobacco products. Retail dealers cannot sell or offer to sell packages of cigarettes or tobacco products for less than the established price floors. 

Price floors are:

  • Package of CIGARETTES: $13.00 (including sales tax) or $11.94 (excluding sales tax)
  • Package of 20 LITTLE CIGARS: $10.95, excluding other tobacco products (OTP) and sales tax
  • Package of CIGARS: $8.00 for the first cigar, plus $1.75 for each additional cigar, excluding OTP and sales tax

Minimum Package Sizes

Local law established minimum package sizes for cigarettes, tobacco products, and shisha. Retail dealers cannot sell or offer to sell cigarettes, tobacco products, or shisha that do not comply with minimum package requirements, which are:

  • At least 20 CIGARETTES in a package
  • At least 20 LITTLE CIGARS in a package 
  • No less than 0.32 ounces in a package of SNUS
  • No less than 1.2 ounces in a package of SMOKELESS TOBACCO


You can file a complaint about a Tobacco Retail Dealer that sells or offers to sell:

  • Cigarettes and tobacco products for less than established price floors.
  • Tobacco products and shisha that do not comply with minimum package size requirements.

A City representative will ask you questions to help you file a complaint.

Call 311 for assistance.