Cigarette and Tobacco Products Price Floors
Local law established price floors for cigarettes and tobacco products. Retail dealers cannot sell or offer to sell packages of cigarettes or tobacco products for less than the established price floors.
Price floors are:
- Package of CIGARETTES: $13.00 (including sales tax) or $11.94 (excluding sales tax)
- Package of 20 LITTLE CIGARS: $10.95, excluding other tobacco products (OTP) and sales tax
- Package of CIGARS: $8.00 for the first cigar, plus $1.75 for each additional cigar, excluding OTP and sales tax
Minimum Package Sizes
Local law established minimum package sizes for cigarettes, tobacco products, and shisha. Retail dealers cannot sell or offer to sell cigarettes, tobacco products, or shisha that do not comply with minimum package requirements, which are:
- At least 20 CIGARETTES in a package
- At least 20 LITTLE CIGARS in a package
- No less than 0.32 ounces in a package of SNUS
- No less than 1.2 ounces in a package of SMOKELESS TOBACCO
You can file a complaint about a Tobacco Retail Dealer that sells or offers to sell:
- Cigarettes and tobacco products for less than established price floors.
- Tobacco products and shisha that do not comply with minimum package size requirements.
A City representative will ask you questions to help you file a complaint.