NYC Housing Connect
The Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and Housing Development Corporation (HDC) offer rental and homeownership opportunities to low- and moderate-income households through lotteries.
HPD and HDC have launched a new version of NYC Housing Connect to make the affordable housing application process easier, and more accessible and user-friendly.
Through NYC Housing Connect, you can learn how to apply for affordable housing, view current and upcoming housing lottery opportunities, and complete an application.
In order to apply online, you must create or sign in to a NYC Housing Connect account.
NYC Housing Connect is transitioning to a new website during Summer 2020.
- Starting in July 2020, all new affordable housing opportunities will be available on the new NYC Housing Connect.
- The housing opportunities (lotteries) still open on the original Housing Connect will continue to accept applications until their deadlines.
- If you had an account on the original NYC Housing Connect, your applicant profile will not be carried over to the new website.
- If you are interested in applying for a new affordable housing opportunity that opens during or after July 2020, you will have to register and complete your household information in the new NYC Housing Connect platform. Registering on the new site does not affect any applications that you have or will submit on the old site.
Searching for open lotteries at nyc.gov/housingconnect will direct you to the correct website to apply for each opportunity.
Through the new NYC Housing Connect platform available housing opportunities can be searched by:
- Household size
- Household income
- Minimum/Maximum Rent
- Nearby Subway lines
- Application deadline date
Visit the NYC Housing Connect website to view and apply to housing lotteries.
NYC Housing Connect Feedback
You can send feedback or report technical issues with the Housing Connect website by sending an email to email@example.com
NYC Housing Development Corporation
You can also can get information about NYC Housing Development Corporation-financed developments that are accepting applications for apartments.
Learn more and apply to Housing Development Corporation financed apartments.
Applicants to City-subsidized affordable housing are not required to pay a fee to apply.
If you are asked to pay a fee, you should report it to:
- For HPD, call the HPD Office of the Inspector General at (212) 825-3502.
- For HDC, send an email to HDC compliance at Hdccompliance@nychdc.com.