Products prohibited for sale to anyone under 21 include:
- Any products containing tobacco, including cigarettes, little cigars, cigars, shisha, chewing tobacco, powdered tobacco, snus, bidis, or gutka
- Electronic cigarettes, including component parts and liquid nicotine
Products prohibited for sale to anyone under 18 include:
- Products that are used for smoking but do not contain tobacco, including herbal cigarettes, non-tobacco shisha, pipes, rolling paper, water pipes, hookah, vaporizer, or any other device, equipment, or apparatus designed for the inhalation of tobacco
- Aerosol spray paint products, box cutters, or etching acid to anyone under 18
- Laser pointers to anyone under 19
As of January 1, 2019, pharmacies and businesses that contain pharmacies are banned from selling tobacco products and electronic cigarettes.
You can report a tobacco and electronic cigarette sellers in New York City that:
- Sell tobacco products, non-tobacco smoking products, or electronic cigarettes to people under age 21
- Sell non-tobacco smoking products to people under 18
- Fail to post the required Age Restriction Sign, a white card with red letters
Report a smoking product sold to a minor by a:
Report prohibited items sold to a minor by a/an:
What Happens Next
If you provide an email address with your Service Request, you will receive a notification by email. You may also be emailed a complaint form, which you must complete and return. Be sure to check your spam folder in addition to your inbox.