Need something else?

You can report dead trees:

  • Along streets
  • In front of houses
  • In parks
  • In community gardens
  • In other public spaces

The City is not responsible for any tree that is on private property.

For removal of non-City trees that are not blocking a street or sidewalk, consult with a private landscape contractor to arrange for removal.

What Happens Next

The Department of Parks and Recreation will investigate and remove the tree, if necessary.

Property owners are responsible for knowing whether a tree is on their property or on City property. Homeowners should look at their title survey to check property lines before removing a tree or conducting any tree work on or around trees in their front yard.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No