Need something else?

You can make a complaint about businesses operating in New York City without a required Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) license.

Report an unlicensed:

What Happens Next

If you provide an email address with your Service Request, you will receive a notification by email. You may also be emailed a complaint form, which you must complete and return. Be sure to check your spam folder in addition to your inbox.

The State accepts complaints about health spas operating without a license.

  • Agency: New York State Attorney General
  • Division: Consumer Complaints Hotline
  • Phone Number: (800) 771-7755
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM

The Better Business Bureau accepts complaints about self-storage companies operating without a license.


Visit the Better Business Bureau's website.

By Phone

  • Agency: Better Business Bureau
  • Phone Number: (212) 533-6200
  • Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 4 PM

By Mail

Better Business Bureau
30 East 33rd Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10016

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No