Need something else?

You can report overgrown grass or weeds on highways, road medians, and traffic islands.

You can report tall or unsightly grass or weeds on a highway shoulder or median to the Department of Transportation (DOT).

DOT does not accept reports of high grass or weeds on City streets. The following are considered streets, not highways:

  • Conduit (Queens)
  • Eastern Parkway (Brooklyn)
  • Fort Hamilton Parkway (Brooklyn)
  • Kings Highway (Brooklyn)
  • Mount Eden Parkway (Bronx)
  • Ocean Parkway (Brooklyn)
  • Pelham Parkway (Bronx)
  • West Side (Joe DiMaggio) Highway (Manhattan)

Traffic island and median complaints are routed differently depending on whether there is landscaping on the site. Landscaped traffic islands or medians have benches or planted trees, shrubs, or flowers.

Without Landscaping:

You can report overgrown weeds or grass on an unlandscaped traffic island or median to the Department of Sanitation (DSNY).

DSNY responds to this type of report within 5 business days.

With Landscaping:

The Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) accepts reports of overgrown weeds or grass on landscaped traffic islands or medians.

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No