Need something else?

You can report an overflowing public space recycling bin.

The Department of Sanitation responds to this type of report in 1 to 2 business days.

Call 311 to report the problem.

Department of Sanitation public recycling bins are metal and can be all one color or silver with a colored lid.

Bins that are green or have green lids are for mixed paper, including newspapers and magazines.

Bins that are blue or have blue lids are for metal, glass, plastic, and food or beverage cartons.

For complaints about broken or malfunctioning Big Belly Solar trash cans, you can send an email to the Department of Sanitation's Customer Unit at

  Was this information helpful?   Yes    No