To support remote learning and help students stay connected during emergencies, the Department of Education (DOE) is lending internet-enabled iPads to:
- Public school students
- Private, charter, and parochial school students with disabilities
- Charter school students who are living in temporary housing or in foster care
To request an iPad for an NYC student in your family, please fill out the request form.
Priority will be given to students most in need. All iPads are granted on a temporary basis and will later need to be returned. There is a limit of one iPad per student.
It may take a few weeks to process your request and deliver the iPad. You can get learn-at-home materials and activities on DOE's website for your student to work on without a device.
Request an iPad for an NYC student.
Get answers to some remote learning device (iPad) questions.
Learn about the new grading policy for remote learning.
You can get help with filling out the iPad request form, setting up the device, accessing applications, and resolving technical issues by phone.
- Agency: Department of Education
- Division: DOE Service Desk
- Phone Number: (718) 935-5100
- Business Hours:
- You'll hear an automated message that will ask for your language. After choosing your language, press 5 for remote learning device assistance.
For help with technical issues, you can also: