Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert
If your event requires any of the following, your permit application will be denied:
- A location that NYC Parks determines would prevent members of the public from the reasonable simultaneous use of all or part of the park for recreational purposes
- Authorization of vehicles to be driven in a park
- Use of a sound device permit in an event with a stage or video screens
Any events that are deemed eligible will also be required to submit a signed copy of the Safety Plan Affirmation, confirming they will institute the included measures to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 at the event site.
This does not apply to demonstrations or religious events, however, such events must comply with social distancing and safety requirements.
Summer Day Camps
If you are a representative of a licensed day camp looking for information about permitting for summer 2020, you can get information online.
Visit the Summer Day Camp Permit Application page.
NYC's tennis season is delayed until further notice. Tennis permit sales have been suspended for the 2020 season. If you have already purchased a tennis permit, it will be valid through 2021.
The City requires a permit to play tennis on any public court. The Parks tennis season starts on the first Saturday of April and ends on the Sunday before Thanksgiving every year. Check your calendar for dates.
Permits purchased are good for use until the end of the season. The same fees and expiration date apply if you are interested in purchasing a permit late in the season.
- For single play, your permit is good for 1 hour of tennis each day in any borough.
- For doubles play, permits are good for 2 hours of tennis each day in any borough.
You can complete and submit the forms to receive a court reservation ticket and permit online or by mail.
For status on your previously submitted application, you can contact the Manhattan Tennis Permit Borough Office over the phone during regular business hours.
Get information about tennis permits and renewal applications.
Call 311 to request a paper copy.