Per Local Law 117 and as of December 5, 2018, owners of rental apartments in which a child under 6 years of age lives must provide stove knob covers.

If you want stove knob covers, you should write to the owner to request them, and the landlord or super must provide them. You do not have to give a reason for your request.

You or someone on your behalf can make a complaint that your landlord or building manager refused to provide stove knob covers. You must provide your contact information.

Tenant Request

Owners must provide stove knob covers when requested to do so, regardless of the age of the child.

Tenant Refusal

Tenants who wish to refuse stove knob covers must notify the building owner in writing.